Hello, my name is Jaime, and I am addicted to Pinterest. It is unbelievable to me that in a 10 minute period on this website, I’m determined to host a nightly dinner party (in theme), decorate the master bedroom in my non-existent house, plan a vacation to Bora Bora, and obtain the best inner thighs and buns of steel anyone has ever seen. I’ve even thought about asking Casey if we can get married again because I recently saw the cutest bridal party photos that I want to replicate. Oh well…
Lately, I started pinning more healthy treats to try. As mentioned in my first post (seen here), I am a huge fatty and love me some dessert, so I get excited when I can satisfy my cravings guilt-free. When I first saw that this Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from The Detoxinista was made from avocado, my initial reaction was “Ew, that’s gross.” I then thought, “Oh my god, I have to try this.” I love avocado, but never thought to have it as a dessert. I liked that this recipe did not have a ton of ingredients, and fortunately all but one were already in my frig and pantry. It was so easy to make and honestly tasted just like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
For prettier pictures, check it out on the link above.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup almond milk (homemade recipe here)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract*
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped or shaved
- Combine all ingredients, except the chocolate, into a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. Stop and scrape down the blender container, as necessary.
- Be sure to taste-test at this point, and make any necessary adjustments, then transfer to a freezer-safe container.
- Fold in your dark chocolate chunks, if desired, or simply sprinkle them on before serving.
- Allow to set in the freezer for 4-6 hours. (There’s nothing wrong with enjoying chilled mint-chocolate pudding, if you’re impatient, though!)
- Garnish with extra chocolate, then enjoy this cold, creamy treat immediately!