Happy Friday and happy August friends! I’m really excited to roll out this new “Friday Five” series, where I’ll be sharing five random things every week. Things that I love, things that I’m inspired by, things that make me smile, or things that I have found to be helpful.
If you follow me on my Instastories, you may have seen that I’d like one of my five things to be something recommended by one of you! In the past few months, I’ve really connected more with a lot of you, and in some weird way, I feel like we’re all friends. I know that sounds super corny, but it’s true. You have no idea how much it means to me to get your sweet messages and feedback. I truly appreciate every single one of you who takes the time to support or connect with me. So, THANK YOU!!!
Friday Five: Edition One
1. Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: Before you roll your eyes at me, hear me out… there’s only three more days left of the sale, including today. I’ve been honest with you guys from the very beginning on my feelings about the sale. While I may not agree with all the coverage that’s out there by other influencers, there are definitely great pieces that are totally worth a purchase.
Here’s a few things that are still in stock, that I recommend…
- Undergarments: I rarely buy new bras and underwear, but was in desperate need! These undies are the only thongs I’ll wear, and I LOVE this bra. Also, kinda random, but I needed new no show socks, and am legit obsessed with these.
- Nursing Mommas or friends of Nursing Mommas [in need of a good gift]: Please get one of these wrap cardigans. It makes nursing in public SO easy. Producing milk is not a requirement to own this cardigan either, LOL. It can totally be worn by anybody, but I just think if you ARE a nursing mom, then you should definitely have at least one!
- Designer Denim: $75 off premium denim is not too shabby! Tons of people rave about these particular style, so if you’re in need of good denim, definitely give em a try!
- Barefoot Dreams: Anything and everything by Barefoot Dreams is heaven on earth. I’m now the proud owner of two BD cardigans, and I honestly don’t know what took me so long to jump on this bandwagon!
2. Glow 15 by Naomi Whittel: I first heard Naomi speak on Dave Asprey’s Bulletproof Radio podcast [episode #477]. Listening to her was music to my ears, and I instantly connected with her and everything she had to say about health, food, and weight loss. I’m practically done with the book, and plan on starting her program very soon. I definitely recommend listening to the Podcast before buying the book, just to hear what she’s all about.
Just a reminder, I created “Get Skinny With Jaime” to connect women from all over to share healthy recipes, meal ideas, favorite workout routines, mom questions, and honestly, anything and everything! I hope more people start to feel more comfortable participating… asking questions, sharing personal wins or even struggles. I’m looking forward to seeing the group grow and hopefully becoming a great resource to many.
3. Diaper Backpack: One of YOU guys recommended this quilted, water resistant backpack/diaper bag. I personally have the leather Freshly Picked convertible diaper backpack and LOVE it! I brought it to Israel with me, and it was the first time in a really long time I ever brought a backpack on the airplane as my carryon versus my big Louis Vuitton Neverfull. My shoulders thanked me!
4. Michael Ketterer: A reminder that there’s good people in this world… really good people. I’m wayyyy behind on tv shows, so forgive me if this is old news. America’s Got Talent is one of the few series I record because it’s family friendly and something I can force both Casey and Harley to watch with me on the rare occasion I have time to actually enjoy television. Anyway, if you haven’t seen Michael’s story and performance, please do [see here]. Have your tissues ready!!
5. Red Dress Boutique: An affordable and CUTE boutique that I know you will be obsessed with! I did a huge try on session on Instastories when I got to Israel… it’s saved under the Red Dress highlight on my Instagram page. In addition, all the items from the try-on are saved under the “Red Dress Boutique Try On” under my Shop tab tome things easy for you.
Anyway, the only annoying thing is stuff sells out crazy fast. Sometimes they do restock, so be sure to add your name to the waitlist if its an option on a particular item you want to purchase. I find the sizing to be very true to size… at least that was the case for the items I have.
Welp, that’s all I have for you guys today on this lovely Friday. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!