You guysssssss, I am SO excited to share today’s post with you! I have literally been pinning images of custom closets since Pinterest first came into existence. Having a beautiful, organized space that was large enough to fit all of my belongings was/is the ultimate DREAM!! I had done my research on different custom closet installation companies here in South Florida so even before Casey and I closed on our new home, I went ahead and contacted The Closet Doctor Rx to see if they’d want to work together. Several of my friends had used them and they have a great reputation in the area, but after meeting with them myself, I was SOLD.
Scroll down to check out my 5 Tips for Organizing Your Closet!
There is also a video at the bottom of the post to see “the before,” “the after,” and the entire production in between. I truly could not be more pleased with how our closets came out!!
5 Tips for Organizing Your Closet
- DECLUTTER: This may seem a bit obvious, but get rid of things you haven’t worn in the past 18 months. Some experts say 12 months, but I think 18 months is a good compromise. You can even keep your hangers in one direction and as you wear things, put them back hanging in the opposite direction. After a year or year and a half [whatever you decide], see which hangers haven’t been turned and either sell or donate those items.
- COLOR COORDINATE: As messy as I can be, I have always been a bit OCD when it comes to color coordinating my closet. It makes things SO much easier to find AND it’s pretty to look at! I even like having matching [or somewhat matching] hangers for a clean look. Casey always said I was crazy for this, but he finallyyyyy agreed to have me color coordinate his closet and I’m so excited about that!
- USE VERTICAL SPACE: Utilize the space above and below the rod if needed. Check out different storage solutions at The Container Store, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, and of course Amazon. Adding a shelf on top and drawers on the ground will allow you to store more items in your closet. Plus, certain clothing, like sweaters are better off folded versus hung. The hangers can stretch out the material so folding will help keep their shape.
- PUT AWAY SEASONAL ITEMS: If it wasn’t for The Closet Doctor creating so much space for me to fold my sweaters and keep them in my closet, I would have most likely put them in vacuum sealed bags and stored them somewhere in the house. Update your closet with every season so that the things you wear regularly are most accessible.
- ORGANIZE BY CLOTHING TYPE: Perhaps another obvious tip, but keep the same types of items together, like your jeans with jeans, dresses with dresses, etc. The whole point is to make your life EASIER so you can find things in a timely manner.
The Closet Doctor Rx, servicing South Florida: 1-800-273-4546
Okay well this looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Perfect organization!
I love how you organized your space! Looks so perfect
Ok I officially have closet envy! It turned out SO well!
Aw, thanks Em!! You’re so sweet! XO
Your closet looks fabulous! I wish they were in Tennessee!
Not even kidding .. my dream closet!!! You did a fabulous job! Also, that purse collection <3 #goals
How 2 Wear It  http://how2wearit.com
You’re so sweet!! I am SO happy with how they came out!! XO
Total closet envy!! Love how much space you have and all those drawers for your jewelry!
Thank you!!! I use the drawers for my socks, undies, pjs, tanks & tees, but love having the jewelry divider for the top one! We don’t have a dresser in our bedroom, so needed to utilize that drawer space!!
SOoooo jealous right now!!! It looks amazing and I bet walking into it makes you completely giddy! Loved your video showing the process! I need these folks to work their magic in my closet!
These are great tips, My closet is so stinking messy!!! I need to clean it up big time.
I need some closet organization like this in my life stat!
Obsessed with this closet space! I hope to do something similar with our new space!
Wow your closet looks absolutely amazing! I love the shelving and drawers! My closet could definitely use a major upgrade!
By Lauren M
I LOVE your closet! And a jewelry drawer is such a genius idea, I should have thought of that!
Your closet looks amazing! I just flipped my closet over from spring to summer, I wish I had known about this service!!
Ummm DREAMS! Y’all’s closet looks amazing gal!! I am obsessed with the drawers for your jewelry.
xo Laura Leigh
This is the closet of my dreams!! So perfect!
Beautiful closet and great tips! Definitely came at a good time as I’m doing a huge clean outvthis weekend.
Omg love love how organized your closet has become! And I really need to get my hands on that!
Thanks so much Rachel!
These are such great tips!
Your closet is MAJOR goals gf!
Wow your closet looks absolutely amazing! You did a fantastic job organizing it all. The shelving and everything is so beautiful.
Can I have your closet?! So organized!